After the introduction of WiFi and captive portal functionality in version 2.1, many of our customers requested features and additions to the Bluevibe Manager and Bluevibe Mobile, that would complement and help them leverage the new capabilities of the platform.
This release comes as a reply to these requests introducing a wide range of additions and new features. Below you will find a list of the most important improvements that have been keeping our development team busy the previous months. Bluevibe Mobile v2.4
Bluevibe Mobile 2.3
Around the world our customers use Bluevibe Mobile to offer unique interactive services to mobile phone users. This new release comes with many eye candy improvements as well as a lot of performance boost and better compatibility with the ever growing number of J2ME phones out there. Here are some of the main features of this version:
- Theme file auto-save. Bluevibe Mobile now saves the theme file of the last hotspot. That way a user can keep the provider and hotspot specific services on his/her phone even after leaving the proximity of the hotspot. Additionally the auto-save function improves browsing performance.
- Improved browser speed. Using smart caching techniques the Bluevibe Mobile reduces the amount of requests needed to load a page, while keeping memory usage low.
- Media Handling. Bluevibe Mobile is now capable of displaying media files, this improves the overall browsing experience.
- Improved file save support. A user can choose to save a media file or an XHTML page directly to his/her phone from within the Bluevibe Mobile application. This function comes now as a complementary option for content download using OBEX Push from a Bluevibe Hotspot.
- New theme options. The theme of the Bluevibe Mobile application now handles even more aspects of the UI look and feel.
- Special commands. Bluevibe Mobile supports special commands in the xhtml that allows providers to create smart widgets in XHTML for their users.
Find out more and download for free the new Bluevibe Mobile application from here.
Application Creator Tool
A new tool is added to the Bluevibe tool box, available through the Bluevibe Manager. Using “Application Creator” you can easily build your own branded Bluevibe Mobile and Bluevibe “On Device Portal” applications for free!
Bluevibe Application Creator
No special programming knowledge is needed. You can now build your own application in just a few easy steps, following a web-based wizard. Supply your theme file and optionally a set of XHTML pages and the “Application Creator” will create for you the needed JAD and JAR files of your own branded Bluevibe Mobile or Bluevibe ODP application.
In Bluevibe we strongly believe in the open-source paradigm. We continue to offer our APIs, libraries and tools open, allowing the creation of custom services on top of the Bluevibe platform. This new tool is based on the same technology our team is using to build tailor made solutions for our customers around the globe. Naturally should you need any special functionality or integration the Bluevibe development team can offer you high quality custom solutions.